- Hinged lid prevents access by sparrows, rats, mice, and other pests.
- Easy-access lid prevents rain ruining your feed.
- Sturdy metal construction provides trouble-free operation for years.
- Large storage area holds approx 9kg/20lb (standard feeder) or 18kg/40lb (large feeder) of poultry feed.
- Aluminium, textured tread plate.
- High quality galvanized finish built to last in tough, outdoor conditions.
- Sick and tired of feeding sparrows?
- Free up your weekends! Suitable for chickens, bantams, and pheasants.
The feeder can be used by chickens, bantams, pheasants.
Using with lighter birds
This feeder is suitable to use for lighter birds such as bantams as well as larger birds. Do not use with baby chickens as they may get caught when bigger birds step off.
How many chickens can feed at once?
A standard feeder can have 3- 4 chickens eating together at one time, but can be easily be used to feed a flock. We recommend the standard feeder for flocks up to a dozen chickens but if you don’t mind filling it more often then it will support more.
A large feeder can have 4-5 chickens eating together at one time. Because of its larger capacity, we recommend the large feeder for flocks of a dozen or more birds.
This product comes almost fully assembled, just fasten the treadplate on and you’re ready to go. The whole product fits easily into your car for transport.
A standard feeder holds 9kg/20lbs feed: generally will feed 6 hens for 10 days. Size: 29cm (h) x 43cm (w) x 51cm (d)
A large feeder can hold 18kg/40lb feed: generally will feed 12 hens for 10 days. Size: 40cm (h) x 55cm (w) x 63cm (d)
The feeders come with 2 training bolts to limit movement and instructions for their use: 2 settings with one week on each setting.
The feeders are suitable for all dry feeds.
Grandpa’s Feeders were developed in New Zealand in 1995, after years of frustration of losing valuable food to sparrows, rats, and mice. It took several years for Bill (Grandpa) Kirkham, a retired farmer to perfect his automatic chicken feeder.